Learn a little more about ScreenScape through the eyes of Chris Carragher, ScreenScape’s Vice President of Information Technology.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and your professional background
I’ve been working in software development since the late 90’s and have held various roles in software development and team management.
2. Tell us a little about your role at ScreenScape.
I work with the executive team to understand the business and product vision and help coordinate the execution of this vision. I’m responsible for ScreenScape’s custom template professional services and I manage the day-to-day operations of the engineering teams (staffing, budgeting, performance management, etc.). Also, I’m often hands-on with software development, testing, and support.
3. What is it that interests you in place-based media?
Many people see our software in action in our customer’s venues. These “users” of our software don’t require any training, or even a computer; the software speaks for itself. It’s interesting and rewarding to walk into a venue and see our software making a difference for our customers.
4. What do you see as ScreenScape’s key differentiators?
Not only does our software fill signage needs for our customers, it also creates opportunities for our customers to create content, and business, relationships with each other.
5. Tell us about something you’re working on lately that is important to ScreenScape’s future and might be interest to our readers.
We have many templates in our system that help our customers create content and communicate effectively with their customers. As robust as our templates are, some customers have very specific needs and require custom templates. Custom templates are a cost-effective approach that helps our customers create professional, targeted and branded content. We’ve recently delivered custom templates to several of our customers.
6. Where do you see place-based media going over the next five years?
Cheaper hardware and easier deployments will enable wide-scale adoption.