Exciting New Features Added to Media Manager
March 22, 2021
Hello ScreenScape users! Today we are thrilled to announce that we have just released a handful of small but mighty new features to Media Manager. Our team is always thinking of new ways to make the day-to-day tasks of running a digital signage network seamless, user-friendly, and time-saving.
The new features include:
- The ability to change media, playlist, and device titles in card and list view
- A Schedule Applied icon on media cards that have a playback schedule configured
- Shared To and Shared With icons on all media, playlist, and device cards that you have shared with somebody else or that have been shared with you
- A page view filter that will display all items, all items shared with you, or all items owned by you
- The ability to apply theme and layout settings to multiple playlists as a bulk action
Let’s go into a bit more detail about each exciting new feature!
1. Change Media, Playlist, and Device titles in Card and List View
You now have the ability to change the name of your items in either the card or the list view. This feature will save time when organizing large amounts of media, playlists, or devices.
2. Schedule Applied icon on Media Cards
If you have set up a playback schedule on a media item you will now see a small clock icon beside the media duration indicating that a playback schedule has been applied.
3. Shared To and Shared With icons on Media/Playlist/Device Cards
You can now easily see which media, playlists, or devices have been shared with you, and which media, playlists, or devices you have shared with other ScreenScape users. If you hover over each icon a tooltip will indicate if it’s an item that you have shared with someone else or if it’s an item that has been shared with you.
4. Owned by Me and Shared with Me View Filters
This new feature works closely together with the sharing icons listed above. In addition to adding the Shared To and Shared With icons, you can now easily view which media, playlists, and devices that are owned by you and which have been shared with you. This is super handy if you’re collaborating with several different users and have multiple shared/owned items within your account.
5. Ability to Apply Bulk Playlist Theme and Layout Settings
If you’re managing several playlists and you want the same layout and theme to be applied to all of them, then this feature is for you! You can now select multiple playlists and apply the same layout and theme to all selected playlists rather than changing them individually. If you’re looking to apply your organization’s branding to several playlists all at once then this feature will be a big timesaver for you!
To try these new features simply create an account or log in to ScreenScape.
Questions, comments, or tutorial ideas? Reach out to us at email@example.com