Connecting your Instagram account to your ScreenScape digital signage
January 20, 2016
This article will guide you through how to connect your Instagram account to your ScreenScape digital signage service. Once complete your Instagram posts will automatically appear in your ScreenScape display.
Instagram and Digital Signage
Expect the setup process to take approximately 15 minutes for a user with intermediate computer skills.
Step 1: Make a Zap
- Create free accounts on Zapier and Instagram.
- Go to https://zapier.com and click on the “MAKE A ZAP!” hyperlink.
- Choose “Instagram” as the Trigger App and “RSS by Zapier” as the Action app.
- Connect your Instagram account.
- Complete the set up RSS by Zapier section.
- Enter any value in the “URL” section
- n (e.g. “Instagram”). Once entered, be sure to click the “Copy to clipboard” button, this is the URL you’ll use when creating your ScreenScape content:
- Enter any value in the “Title” section (e.g. “Instagram RSS”):
- Enter any value in the “Source URL” section (e.g. “https://zapier.com”):
- Add the following fields in “Content” section in this EXACT ORDER and ADD A SEMICOLON after each field:
- User Profile Picture
- User Username
- Images Standard Resolution URL
- Caption Text
- Add the “Created Time” field in the “Pubdate” section:
Step 2: Publish ScreenScape Content
- Once the set up RSS by Zapier section is complete, create new content in ScreenScape using the “Instagram” template.
- Paste the URL copied to your clipboard in the earlier step to your ScreenScape content:
- Publish this new content to your display.
That’s it, you’re done! New Instagram posts after this setup is complete will now automatically appear in your ScreenScape display.
Here’s a sample:
Update July 2016
Read about important changes to the Instagram API: Instagram API changes and what it means for you