Introducing List View for a Condensed Way to Manage Media, Playlists, and Devices
Many of you will recognize similarities between our List View and the tried and true way Windows Explorer and MacOS Finder present data in a table or grid format. ScreenScape’s List view is especially handy for users who are managing large networks, or anyone that has hundreds of media items to manage. Card View may be prettier but each card takes up a fair amount of real estate making it less effective for managing large sets of data. List View on the other hand provides you with a bird’s eye view of dozens of items at once, with more room for meta data, allowing you to scan and quickly manipulate your objects in a grid format. You can toggle from Card view to List View by clicking on the icon located in the top left-hand corner of the page.
List View is now available for all three major ScreenScape objects, namely Media, Playlists, and Devices. Here is what you can view from each page:
Media: Thumbnail, Name, Tags, Duration, Schedule, Playlists, Devices, Owner, and Shared With.
Playlists: Thumbnail, Name, Tags, Media, Devices, Owner, and Shared With.
Devices: Thumbnail, Name, Tags, Serial #, Media, Playlist, Owner, and Shared With.
Some key advantages of List View:
- Quickly select dozens of objects at once in order to perform mass operations like add to/remove from playlist, add/remove tags, and sharing.
- You can see at a glance which items you’ve shared with other members of ScreenScape.
- Easily see which items that you own.
- See the full list of tags that you’ve assigned to an item.
- See any playback schedule that you’ve assigned to a media item.
- Keep track of Media, Playlist and Device assignments.
By surfacing more information in one view, List View allows power users to complete big tasks with fewer mouse clicks. Instead of repeating an operation multiple times, tasks on large sets of data can be performed in bulk, saving the user much time and effort. List View also paves the way for some very exciting new capabilities coming soon! Enjoy.