Major New ScreenScape Release Puts Spotlight on Production Values, Ease-of-use in Digital Signage
October 22, 2019
Next-generation platform from ScreenScape now generally available
Charlottetown, PE, Canada — (October 22, 2019) — ScreenScape Networks Inc. today hailed the arrival of ScreenScape5, a wholesale reinvention of its leading Saas-based digital signage solution.
“After more than two years of design and development work, and an extensive beta testing and customer feedback period, we’re thrilled to announce that ScreenScape5 is now generally available to all new customers” said ScreenScape CEO Mark Hemphill.
ScreenScape5 represents a complete overhaul of the ScreenScape system that raises the bar in a number of areas including ease-of-use, visually-pleasing aesthetics, and simplicity of design.
“The project gave us a special opportunity to reflect on the past ten years in business and everything we’ve learned about what customers need and don’t need to be successful in digital signage,” said Hemphill. “Taking advantage of the latest in modern software development techniques, we took those lessons and applied them in the creation of a brand new platform—one that delivers additional business value that we think is unrivalled in the industry.”
ScreenScape rose to prominence in 2014 as the first digital signage company to include a smart device with every subscription to its Saas-based service. The device, called ScreenScape Connect, turns any TV into a digital sign. When used in combination with screen hardware and conventional wifi networks, it dramatically reduces the cost and complexity of starting and operating a digital signage network. With the advent of ScreenScape5, the team has taken aim at simplifying and streamlining content creation and management, an area that has been a costly challenge for small business owners.
“Content creation and management is at the heart of the digital signage process,” says Hemphill. “To be most effective, business owners have to keep every screen in their network fed fresh daily with compelling, locally-relevant content, and they must be able to do it at a reasonable price.”
Jeremy Lacey is the Chief Information Officer at Red River Federal Credit Union. “We are long time users of ScreenScape and we have always appreciated how they’ve simplified digital signage,” says Lacey. “ScreenScape5 offers more in the way of easy content creation and that puts us in the driver’s seat in terms of achieving professional design standards, without breaking the bank on creative services”.
According to Hemphill, the mainstream adoption of digital signage by small business and community-based organizations depends on digital signage systems that allow non-professionals to produce professional results. Customers want to produce media with high production values, but they don’t want to pay a fortune in creative services. Customers want professional-grade content tools, but they want them to be simple and easy to use. The design-first approach that Hemphill is espousing is evident throughout ScreenScape5. Highlights include:
- ScreenScape5 raises the bar on visually-pleasing aesthetics by offering new style choices and new screen layouts, a broad range of beautiful new media templates, and faster, smoother animations with no ugly breaks between media items.
- ScreenScape5 users can connect their accounts to Dropbox, Google Drive, Instagram, Facebook, and other data sources. Users can also incorporate stock assets from a ScreenScape-curated media library into their own media.
- ScreenScape’s new rich media editor is inherently flexible—every part of a design can now be moved around and transformed, including text. The clever combination of stylized fonts and layered assets results in striking, eye-catching visuals.
- ScreenScape5 includes a variety of professionally designed, fully customizable templates for use in creating stunning visuals for your screens. It is easy for a user to quickly repurpose a template for their own needs or start from scratch and add media layers, including dynamic data layers that keep screens up-to-date in real time.
- ScreenScape5 is designed from the ground up to make it easy for almost any kind of dynamic web-based content to play nicely on digital signage.
Greg Arsenault is Director of Marketing at Holland College. “The templates that are provided out of the box are very easy to work with,” says Arsenault. “We like that professional design standards are built into ScreenScape5 which makes it easier for us to produce beautiful content.”
State-of-the-art improvements to content creation and management are far from the only changes in ScreenScape5. The new platform also boasts new capabilities for setting up a digital sign by smartphone, a Google-inspired sharing model that turns the management of a digital signage network into a multi-party collaborative process, enhanced security, and short cuts for managing large sets of media across large scale networks.
In spite of the massive overhaul, ScreenScape has no plans to alter its business model. ScreenScape offers the new service for the same low price of $40 per device per month for one device. To test drive the service, you can set up a free account today.