Frequently Asked Questions
What is ScreenScape Connect?
ScreenScape Connect is the name of a new and streamlined way to get started with ScreenScape. Certified ScreenScape Connect devices can now be used by ScreenScape customers to quickly connect any HDMI-enabled television to the ScreenScape network. ScreenScape Connect is the result of a happy marriage of software and hardware that together have been optimized from the ground up for a single purpose – to quickly connect your screen to the ScreenScape network and turn it into a simple yet versatile digital sign.
How is Plug and Play digital signage different than Do-it-Yourself (DIY) solutions?
The do-it-yourself (DIY) approach relies on general purpose equipment, a tool kit of software modules, and complicated set up instructions to configure a solution. DIY toolkits need to be tailored, packaged and implemented by highly trained professionals in order for them to be deployed and activated in the field. This adds cost and complexity in the setup process and makes for difficult support and maintenance procedures once again by highly trained professionals. Plug and play digital signage uses a simple single purpose device that is ready for use by non-technical, busy business owners – no configuration necessary. This makes for a more cost-effective and scalable deployment process. You take a device out of the box, plug it in to any TV, get it online and it just works!
What does the ScreenScape device actually do?
The device can be plugged into an HDMI port to turn any television into a ScreenScape-enabled digital sign. Once a device is connected to the Internet it can be updated, monitored and managed over the Internet using an account at ScreenScape.com.
How do I get the device online?
To receive content updates your device needs to get connected. To connect the device to a wireless network, you will need to authorize the device on your own network. A standard wired USB keyboard, or a wireless keyboard, will be needed in order to type a name and password for the network. Once connected, this step is not repeated.
How do I update the content?
Once a device is connected further interactions with the device, such as managing its playlist, can be carried out remotely through an account at ScreenScape.com. ScreenScape’s content management software allows you create and manage content individually as the manager of one venue OR collaboratively as a member of one or more larger groups.
What are the key business benefits of ScreenScape Connect?
ScreenScape Connect offers important advantages over other conventional digital signage media players. Depending on your specific project needs these advantages may include:
- Low capital cost for the media player (device cost included with 36 month subscription to ScreenScape, only $200 with pay-as-you-go plan)
- No capital cost for peripheral equipment (use existing TVs)
- Simple setup process (plug it in and it works)
- No installation (equipment is already in place)
- Simplified project management
- Easy maintenance (easy to replace without rolling a truck)
What are the special features of the device?
Beyond the significant capital cost savings vis-a-vis traditional digital signage media player requirements, the ScreenScape Connect solution is a streamlined approach that makes digital signage practical for businesses of all kinds. Special features include:
- Hardened, Purpose-driven design – engineered by ScreenScape to perform as a secure digital sign.
- Minimal configuration – Plug it in, get it online and it works with your ScreenScape account. No OS home screen, no online app store downloads, no complex software setup & configuration process.
- Optional built-in capabilities for remote monitoring and management – visualize your network of devices, monitor health and performance and control each device separately. This includes remote reboot, remote screen capture and more. Additional fees apply.
- Optional Bandwidth Optimization – control bandwidth settings at a device level. Additional fees apply.
- Streamlined boot process – the device boots up directly to become a digital sign in ~30 seconds
- Silent over-the-air updates – software updates occur without disrupting the device
- Secure – the device is NOT rooted. Tamper proof design that leverages best-of-breed security practices. Encrypted transmission of content.
How the program works:
Choose the plan that works best for you:
1. $0 upfront, $40 per month subscription, 3 year term.
This is our most popular option. We are thrilled to be able to provide you with a device, free of charge, when you sign up to ScreenScape for a 3 year term. (*Not available for purchase online, please contact us)
2. $200 upfront, $40 per month subscription, pay as you go.
If you don’t want to make a commitment to ScreenScape you can simply pay for the device and pay as you go. Under this plan you can cancel your subscription any time.
What do you get?
note: All pricing in USD. Device shipping costs are extra.
- ScreenScape Connect device
- ScreenScape Content Management Software
- Free training
Do you offer volume discounts?
Corporate plans of 10 or more devices may be eligible for a volume discount. Contact us to learn more.
Does ScreenScape offer additional services to professional network operators?
In addition to ScreenScape Connect devices we sell the following premium Add-ons. Contact us to learn more.
- Platinum Brand (white label offering) +$10 per device
- Platinum Control (integrated device management) +$10 per device
- Custom Template Creation services.+$150/hr
You can order a device here. Most orders (10 devices or less) will normally ship within 5-10 business days.
How do I ask additional questions?
Email us at sales “at” screenscape.com