We want to make sure that you’re receiving an optimal experience when using ScreenScape. Here are few system requirements and guidelines that will ensure that your ScreenScape experience is top notch!
Content Management System Requirements
- You’ll need to log in to your ScreenScape account using a Laptop or a Desktop Computer with a recommended minimum display resolution of 1280 x 720. The ScreenScape application is not yet optimized for mobile viewing.
- A Chromium based browser. Our first choice is the latest version of Google Chrome.
ScreenScape Connect Device Requirements:
Installing and configuring a ScreenScape Connect device requires a WiFi connection, a mobile device and/or USB keyboard and an HDMI enabled display.
- Device setup can be completed with a mobile smartphone that supports Android 5.0 and higher or iOS 9.1 and higher. Device setup (and advanced WiFi configuration) can also be completed using a standard wired or wireless USB keyboard.
- Your display must be compliant with the HDMI 1.4b specification. The ScreenScape Connect HDMI port is compatible with all ATSC and DVB HDTV standards and supports eight full range channels of lossless audio formats. The maximum supported resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz, 24 bpp. The 4K resolution is not currently supported by the ScreenScape Connect Device.
- The ScreenScape Connect uses a 5V 3A AC to DC power adapter. The power adapter is connected to the Intel Compute Stick via a six foot cable with a USB Type B connector. This adapter must be used to the power the device.
The Dual Band Wireless-AC module provides hi-speed wireless connectivity with the following capabilities: 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11ac (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz).
- The ScreenScape Connect supports the following WiFi security types:
- Open (No Security)
- WPA/WPA2 (PSK)
- WPA2 Enterprise
- WPA2 with a non-broadcasted SSID
- The device can also utilize Ethernet for internet connectivity if a USB 3.0 *Ethernet adapter is installed (*not included).
- ScreenScape recommends connecting the device to a WiFi network that consistently broadcasts with a minimum download/upload speed of 5 Mbps. Important: Your internet service provider’s network availability over time and other factors can impact your Internet speed, and therefore the ScreenScape Connects ability to display media in the best possible manor.
The operating temperature of the Intel Compute Stick may be determined by measuring the air temperature from the outside of the chassis while the system is in operation.
- Operating: 0 °C to +35 °C
- Non-Operating: -40 °C to +60 °C
To learn about technical specifications for ScreenScape devices, read the ScreenScape Connect specifications article.
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Don’t worry we’re here to help! Give us a call at 1-877-666-1975 (Option 7) OR send us a help ticket using the button below. We’re available Mon – Fri from 7AM – 8PM Eastern Time.