How To Schedule Content
Content can be scheduled to play at specific times of the day, week and month.
For instance, a restaurant might have a weekday lunch special. Using a Schedule, their lunch special content can be restricted to play only from Monday to Friday at 11am-1pm.
There are two ways to set a playback schedule:
- The first way is to select the Schedule option while on the Describe window. The Describe section is the last window you will see before you can save a newly created content item.
- The second way that you can set a playback schedule for a content item is to select the content item within your content library, and then using the Actions dropdown menu, choose the Update Content Schedule option.
Setting up a Content Schedule is simple:
- Select the Sometimes option.
- Set a specific date range that you want your content to play (The default is set to 1 year).
- Set a specific time of day that you want your content to play (The default is set to All day).
- Set the specific days of the week that you would like your content to play (The default is set to All Week).
- Set the specific months of the year that you would like your content to play (The default is set to All Months).
Setting up a Repeat Schedule:
With Repeat Schedules, users can now publish content on a recurring basis. For content items such as bi-weekly menus or alternating daily promotions, this advanced schedule option allows playlist managers the freedom to set up complex schedules in advance. This feature is compatible with all content items and all previously defined schedules.
Repeat Daily: This option will allow you to schedule your content to play every 2nd, 3rd, 5th day etc. E.g. If you had an advertisement that you only wanted to play 33% of the time you could schedule it to play on every third day.
Repeat Weekly: This option will allow you to schedule your content to play every 2nd, 3rd week etc. E.g. If you had a weekday cafeteria menu that rotated every third week and changed every quarter.
Repeat Monthly: This option will allow you to schedule your content to play every 2nd, 3rd, 4th month etc. E.g. If you had three alternating promotions, each offered every third month.
- The Repeat Schedule calculation will always start on the Begin Date of the schedule.
- Content items created and scheduled prior to the release of Repeat Schedules will continue to play normally.
- A Repeat Schedule can be added to previously created content items by editing their existing Schedule.
- Repeat Daily is not compatible with ‘Days of the week’ settings. When specific days of the week have been removed from a schedule, the Repeat Daily option will be disabled with a default value of ‘1’. For example, ‘…play every 2 days on Mondays’ is an invalid combination.
- Repeat Monthly is not compatible with ‘Months of the year’ settings. When specific months of the year have been removed from a schedule, the Repeat Monthly option will be disabled with a default value of ‘1’. For example, ‘…play every 5 months in January’ is an invalid combination.
- The deprecated ScreenScape Browser Player will not support Repeat Schedules. When published to the Browser Player, the repeating aspect of a schedule will be ignored. Previously supported aspects of the schedule (begin/end dates, days of the week, etc) are supported as before. To upgrade your account please contact us here.