What is Digital Signage?
For starters, Digital signage could be described as a branch or a subset of signage. We all know what signs are right?
In one sense a digital sign is just a dynamic sign that’s powered by a computer and a display device such as a high definition television screen. Well, today’s brand of connected digital signage is that and so much more.
Digital Signs are Connected
Today’s form of “connected” digital signage are much more powerful than static signage ever was. Digital signs are dynamic and easy to manage as part of a network. In fact a digital signage network may be comprised of dozens, or even hundreds of screens that can, at the same time, be managed independently or as a group.
Digital Signs are used by businesses everywhere
Like traditional signage, digital signage can be used to convey a range of different kinds of messages. It’s all about effective communication and for that reason digital signage is often associated with or led by the Marketing and Communications function within any given organization.
You often see digital signs being used for sales promotions inside a store, for example. But they are also used outside of retail. You also see them being used to disseminate information to a targeted group of people like those visiting a lobby (office, hotel), a lounge (bar, spa), a waiting room (clinic, shop), atrium (transportation depot, mall) or hall (gym, campus, etc…).
Digital signage in retail
Digital signage in a restaurant
Digital signage in an office
Digital signs deliver fresh content daily to local audiences
Unlike conventional signage, digital signage can display rich animated digital content that is data driven and ever changing. Because digital signs are powered by computers, and you can publish content to them via the Internet.
Any given sign in a digital signage network can be customized to display information that is tailored to meet the needs of a very specific local audience. Having these messages placed strategically inside a place of business, such as next to the point-of-sale inside a retail store, poses obvious advantages for effective communication. It allows you, wherever you are, to make sure that customers visiting a specific location are treated to the right message at the right place and time. What you want to say to your customer or the visiting public…well that’s up to you.
Digital signage doesn’t have to be so complicated
Traditionally, digital signage required the use of expensive and complicated display technologies. The equipment was specially procured, installed and serviced by expertly trained technicians. Nowadays however, digital signage doesn’t have to be so complicated. Thanks to ScreenScape you are able to turn any HDTV (or HDMI projector) into a powerful digital sign.
What are some of the benefits of digital signage?
There are dozens of different ways you can use digital signage to improve communication and influence behaviour. Here are a just a few of the ways to derive maximum benefit:
- Boost Revenue: Dynamic digital signage is proven to lift sales. Encourage impulse buying, increase basket size, prolong dwell times, generate new conversations, and encourage repeat visits. Influence buyer behavior where it matters most!
- Align your sales & marketing efforts: Marketing efforts are wasted when they miss their target audience or rudely interrupt the customer. Point-of-sale digital signage is strategically placed and perfectly aligned to serve customers where and when it really matters.
- Enhance the professional environment: Studies show that on-premise digital signage leaves a positive, lasting impression on visitors. Whether it’s used for wayfinding, customer service messaging, or simply entertainment, dynamic digital signage is becoming a hallmark of progressive businesses.
- Employee compliance and support: Digital signage helps to ensure that everyone on your team is on the same page. A digital sign is like a silent salesman that never sleeps. Unlike your employees, a well designed digital sign never has a bad day.
- Reduce perceived wait times: Engage your visitors and they’ll be more patient and receptive to your team and your message.
- Foster closer ties with your industry partners: Whether you’re a merchant, retail network, brand marketer or value-added partner, a digital signage network can create a multitude of opportunities to build trust and collaborate across the value-chain.
- Monetization: A network of strategically placed digital signs can form a very powerful marketing channel. Those who control that channel, if they wish, can decide to sell advertising spots and turn the project into a lucrative profit center.
- Save on print costs with earth-friendly & hygienic technology: Digital signs are excellent substitutes for print materials such as printed displays, magazines and brochures. Ditch the costly, germ collecting, landfill bound paper in favor of a smarter, greener solution.
- Download the one pager: Why Digital Signage?