Getting Started with the RSS News Feed App
The RSS News Feed App allows for a hassle free way to publish the latest news & posts from your favorite bloggers onto your screens. You can choose from a curated list of 15 trusted news sources that include: tech news, financial news, world news, sports news etc. or you can add an RSS feed of your choice.
Here is how to get started:
1. Once you’ve selected a template, you’ll need to add the RSS App to your Media through the app integrations drawer. To access this drawer, click on the plus (+) button in the lower right hand corner and then select the Add App button (cloud).
2. Once you have opened the apps drawer, click on the News Feed app. Once clicked, the RSS News Feed app will be added to your template. The sample feed is set to BBC News, but it can be easily changed.
3. To change RSS news feed, click on the down arrow on the News Feed layer and then click the settings icon (gear).
4. To change feed, click on down-arrow in “Select news feed” area
5. You now can choose from a collection of curated news feeds. If you want to add a custom feed select “Custom RSS”, and paste in the desired URL.
Let’s breakdown what these other settings can do to your RSS NewsFeed App:
- Date Format: Controls in which sequence and order the date is displayed
- Number of Items: How many news stories will get shown. Every time the template comes up in your playlist. For playlist tips click here
- Item Duration (Seconds): How long each individual news story will be
- Item Order: You can choose to play “newest first” “oldest first” “random”
- Item Age: This is where you control how current you want the news to be
Now that you’ve selected your RSS News Feed, you can add any other media layers to your template. You could add a customer video/image background or additional text to customize the look and feel of your media item. Try it out!
Also be sure to check out our collection of RSS News Feed Templates.