Connecting Twitter to ScreenScape
This article will guide you through connecting your Twitter account to your ScreenScape digital signage service. Once complete, your Twitter posts will automatically appear on your ScreenScape display when using a ScreenScape template that displays an RSS feed.
Expect the setup process to take approximately 15 minutes for a user with intermediate computer skills.
Step 1: Make a Zap using Zapier
- Create a free Zapier account.
- Once logged in to Zapier, click on the “MAKE A ZAP!” button.
- Choose “Twitter” as the Trigger App.
- Choose “My Tweet” as the Twitter Trigger.
- Connect your Twitter account.
- Test your Twitter trigger by fetching an existing tweet.
- Choose “RSS by Zapier” as the Action App.
- Choose “Create Item in Feed” as the RSS by Zapier Action.
- To set up your RSS feed you will need to fill out the required fields (See examples below). Once all have been entered, be sure to click the “Copy to clipboard” button at the top of the page. This is the URL you’ll use when creating your ScreenScape content:
- Enter a value in the “Feed URL” section. It is important to note that the value you enter in the Feed URL will be used to describe your feed name on the ScreenScape template. In the example below we have used ScreenScape for our Feed URL. When our RSS template plays back on our playlist it will display as “A Feed Called ScreenScape.”
- Enter your Twitter username (aka handle) in the “Item Title” section (e.g. “@screenscape”):
- Enter any value in the “Source URL” section (e.g. “https://zapier.com”):
- Add the “Text” field in “Content” section. You can search for each of this field by clicking the search button in the far right corner of the box:
Step 2: Publish ScreenScape Content
- Now that you have finished creating your Twitter to RSS Zap, you will need to log into your ScreenScape account and create new content using one of the ScreenScape RSS equipped templates.
- Once you’ve selected an RSS template that suits your needs, upload a background image of your choosing. In this example, we have chosen a simple, blue background that has the twitter logo in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Next, in the RSS section, deselect the “Use Venue Preference” option. Now, paste the URL copied to your clipboard (in the earlier step) to the Feed Address (URL) field:
- (optional) You can adjust the Item selection, sort by options as required.
- Save your new content item and publish it to your display(s).
That’s it, you’re done! New Twitter posts, after this setup is complete, will now automatically appear on your ScreenScape display when using the chosen template.
Here’s a sample: